Android Question Projecting on to a TV

morphe2011

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day

Is there any way to project an app onto a TV? I have a table app that a client wants to use on a 60 inch touch screen tv.

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
The easiest is to cast the screen. That requires a compatible TV but works great, and you can still control the app from the phone or tablet.

Edit: I just realized that does not quite answer your question because I do not know of a way to have the app actually run on the TV and get inputs from the TV's touch screen.

It may be possible if the TV is attached to a Chromebook which can run Android apps. The problem will be to get the TV's touch screen inputs into the app. Even though, personally, I think it is easier to cast the tablet's display to the TV and use the touch screen on the tablet, only use the TV as a second display.

Upvote 0

morphe2011

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the answer but not quite what I need. I have a touch screen tablet app that is used at trade shows. The app asks the customer to select a graphic, insert some text and then collects their telephone number. That information is then sent via ftp to a server which passes it along to a desktop app that controls a laser engraver. The biggest tablet is far too small hence the need to project onto a large touch screen TV. The worst case to recreate that app on a pc.

Upvote 0

RJB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the answer but not quite what I need. I have a touch screen tablet app that is used at trade shows. The app asks the customer to select a graphic, insert some text and then collects their telephone number. That information is then sent via ftp to a server which passes it along to a desktop app that controls a laser engraver. The biggest tablet is far too small hence the need to project onto a large touch screen TV. The worst case to recreate that app on a pc.
You could run your app on an android TV box or dongle connected to the HDMI input of the TV. I don't know if there is ant way of connection the touch screen to the box/ dongle but you could use a wireless keyboard/ mouse?

Upvote 0