property settin in the pda

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that the screen size is diferent in the desktop as in the pda (dah!!) but the lack of some property setting in the pda form designer just puts me off...some properties like the controls position, if we want to be acurate,must be set in rumtime...wich is time consuming and not very time productive....
so my wish is tho have a more complete property control in the pda form designer...

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree which is why I've aready wished for an adjustable snap to grid and alignment tools to assist with positioning controls.

By the way, in the form designer it is possible to explicitly set the control position, the only problem I've experienced with this is that you have to enter a numeric value. I'd prefer it if you could put in values such as Form.Width or Label1.Top etc.

Regards,
RandomCoder

bdiscount

Licensed User
location on pda

I have requested the locations on the pda for a long time now. I use the Axim to rough it then the desktop to finalize it. Tho the 2 are different it gets me closer. I do ALL my developement on the Axim, and that is the only thing I miss.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do all my programming on the device during runtime. I like doing it this way because it allows me to place objects exactly where I want them and relative to other controls in needed.

Regards,
RandomCoder.