iOS Question Publish App

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,
Is it possible to develop a B4i App (using my own certificate) and let another developer account (for ex. company Acme) to publish the ipa file on the App Store using the Acme company certificate ?

I mean.
Can I give the release ipa file (Tools - Build Server - Build Release App / Tools - Build Server - Download last build) to the company and they publish it using their certificates (and dev. account) on the app store ?

Last edited:

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
if you compile the release versions with their certificate it should work I guess.

If the company don't want to give me their certificate (and the password) ?
For @Erel : They don't have a B4i license.

The only alternative solution is to create a new Apple developer account for the company ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I give the release ipa file (Tools - Build Server - Build Release App / Tools - Build Server - Download last build) to the company and they publish it using their certificates (and dev. account) on the app store ?
The IPA is already signed. Technically it is possible to re-sign it but it is not so simple, especially with a store IPA that you cannot directly test.

You can also send them the generated Xcode project and let them sign it. However they will need a B4i license to compile it.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
The IPA is already signed. Technically it is possible to re-sign it but it is not so simple, especially with a store IPA that you cannot directly test.

You can also send them the generated Xcode project and let them sign it. However they will need a B4i license to compile it.

Thanks @Erel and @sorex for your replies.
Xcode Project: Where I can find the entire folder that I should send them ?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can't you create the dev account for them and send them an invoice each year?

and do the rest yourself (create certificase/profiles/compiling/publishing)

then it's all seperated to the public

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
can't you create the dev account for them and send them an invoice each year?

and do the rest yourself (create certificase/profiles/compiling/publishing)

then it's all seperated to the public

@sorex thanks for this additional suggestion. I do this with my direct customers but in this case I have a different scenario:

1) The company (isn't my direct customer)
2) The company need to publish this app for 1 month only (for a campaign)

So I don't think that this company want pay 99$ / Year for a new additional Apple Store account to publish a "temporary" App.
The company should choose which option...

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

just another idea: you can also transfer your App (signed with your certificates) in iTunes Connect to the account of the company. The origin of certificate is not important in this case.

Jan

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

just another idea: you can also transfer your App (signed with your certificates) in iTunes Connect to the account of the company. The origin of certificate is not important in this case.

Jan

@JanPRO thanks for your suggestion! Can I suggest this solution to the company ? I never tested it but I trust in your suggestion :)

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0