Android Question [Q]FTP Crashing Issue

Tyler

Licensed User
Hey guys! I've been messing with the app "aide" and have written the following code that is crashing the app for some reason:

B4X:
    public void startClick(View Button)
    {

boolean status = false;
        try {
            FTPClient mFtpClient = new FTPClient();
            mFtpClient.setConnectTimeout(10 * 1000);
            mFtpClient.connect(InetAddress.getByName("ftp.drivehq.com:21"));
            status = mFtpClient.login("USERNAME", "PASSWORD");

if (FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(mFtpClient.getReplyCode())) {
                mFtpClient.setFileType(FTP.ASCII_FILE_TYPE);
                mFtpClient.enterLocalPassiveMode();

Toast huh = Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "testttt", 5000);
                huh.show();
                mFtpClient.logout();
                mFtpClient.disconnect();

}
        }
        catch(SocketException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

catch(UnknownHostException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

catch(IOException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

}

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
That is NOT a B4A-Code! That´s java-code i believe... You can not use java-code inside B4A-IDE

Upvote 0

Tyler

Licensed User
B4A uses a bunch of libraries to convert code written in BASIC to Java. While we write in BASIC, B4A is almost entirely made up of Java.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Are you here to help or to point our incredibly obvious things?
If you show me your B4A-code i can try to help. But i can not help with java-code your wrote. I dont know java. And because of this i did not start developing with Eclipse.

If you show your B4A-Code and post the errors you get in the log we can try to help

As far as i can READ your java code; for connecting to an ftp you can use the Net-Library in B4A. See ftp-tutorial.

Upvote 0

Tyler

Licensed User
If you don't know Java, why are you even replying? The only reason I ask here is because I'm already somewhat familiar with this community and know many members have extensive knowledge of Java. Plus my code IS for Android, so I don't think it's too big of a leap to assume someone here has some knowledge of how to get this very basic code to work. Honestly, I just CBA to make an account elsewhere:p or try to navigate their F-ing terrible forum UI's.

Also, I used jk2ssh for b4a and it worked like a charm:)

And FYI: maybe this doesn't apply elsewhere but back when I was using unity, Java and C# are almost the exact same. I could Ctrl-F and replace certain lines to convert the code very quickly between the two languages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tyler

Licensed User
The reason I'm learning java is to make my own libraries for B4A for new stuff in Lollipop. I guess I'll go ask stackoverflow. Thanks anyways.

Upvote 0