Android Question QR reader and torch ?

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i found b4azxing lib for scanning qr code it is pretty good bu it does not have torch option

and i found the advanced camera lib that can turn on the torch

every thing is working when using it alone (when i use qr and flash together it will not work)
i think because every lib is trying to control the camera so only the first one can work

some guy here in the forum made advanced b4azxing the torch work with volume up / down
but it is making force close

is their is any flash lib that could work with b4azxing ?
or any qr reader that work with acl camera ?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i found b4azxing lib for scanning qr code it is pretty good bu it does not have torch option

and i found the advanced camera lib that can turn on the torch

every thing is working when using it alone (when i use qr and flash together it will not work)
i think because every lib is trying to control the camera so only the first one can work

some guy here in the forum made advanced b4azxing the torch work with volume up / down
but it is making force close

is their is any flash lib that could work with b4azxing ?
or any qr reader that work with acl camera ?
No, there is no such library. When Zxing scanner is active it controls the camera and until such time as what the camera is released nothing can access the camera (or the torch for that matter)

What is the exact problem that you have here?:
....advanced b4azxing the torch work with volume up / down but it is making force close...

Upvote 0

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
when i use any version on advanced b4azxing with my stock SonyEricsson ARCs rom
when i try to turn the torch on (voulume or touch) it turn on and when i retouch the screen it turn off (so far so good)
the second time i torch the screen or use the volume up / down the app give me forced close message

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when i use any version on advanced b4azxing with my stock SonyEricsson ARCs rom
when i try to turn the torch on (voulume or touch) it turn on and when i retouch the screen it turn off (so far so good)
the second time i torch the screen or use the volume up / down the app give me forced close message
Please check if it behaves the same way when you use QRCPV4 that you can find here
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/qr-code-library.41408/#post-259448

It only uses the volume up/down (not the touch event) to turn on/ off the torch while the scanner is active.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from where i can download the requred libs with QRCPV4 ?
The libs (jar and xml files) related to the scanning part of the project are in the /files folder of the project. Copy them to your additional libraries folder. The other libs that are required is available on the B4A forum for download (ColorByName, miscUtil, Phone, Reflection, RSImageProcessing, StringFunctions, Animation)

Upvote 0