Android Question Question about #AdditionalRes attribute

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a problem with the #AdditionalRes attribute.

If I try to compile my project I get the following error while generating the R.java file.

res\values\analytics.xml:5: error: Resource at ga_trackingId appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.

I have found a question about the error on Stackoverflow with a possible solution. Maybe this is related.

Does B4A use aapt to generate the R.java file? If yes, does B4A use the --auto-add-overlay option? If not, can it be configured somewhere?

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a problem with the #AdditionalRes attribute.

If I try to compile my project I get the following error while generating the R.java file.

I have found a question about the error on Stackoverflow with a possible solution. Maybe this is related.

Does B4A use aapt to generate the R.java file? If yes, does B4A use the --auto-add-overlay option? If not, can it be configured somewhere?
Move the file to the appropriate res folder of your added resources (not in Object/res).

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Move the file to the appropriate res folder of your added resources (not in Object/res).
Yes I know that I can fix it this way but I want to keep the res folders separate.
The issue is that I have to copy my xml files etc. to a res folder which belongs to a library and I don't want to mix it up. The other posiblity would be to use the <add-resource> attribute in my xml files but thats a lot to change.

Upvote 0