[Question] Where Erel is today?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, the problem will be easier when you will have to make 3D too :D. This will happen very soon, because "I need" :D to implement an animation similar to one used in Zynga Poker: some coins are practically "thrown on the user's face", and they are 3d, they rotate during "the flight".

Obviously I'm joking, I give the coins in a much more polite way :)

Zynga_coins.gif

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i think you can achieve this with a precomputed animation and the BitmapCreator cross platform class.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think you can achieve this with a precomputed animation and the BitmapCreator cross platform class.
Well, I don't need it really (I can live without it :D) but I often wonder if it is possible to create spectacular animations using external tools and then show them in your app.
I do not know how you should show them; this gif, for example, is very "heavy" (of course, the background would not be necessary).

precomputed animation
Is it easy? :eek::)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok.
this coins are more a particle effect. seems possible to render in blender with Particles System.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/physics/particles/index.html

open gl (3d) for embedded systems are unfriendly for developers.
Yes, I tried (few times) to learn Blender:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/my-first-attempt.79516/
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/just-a-low-quality-test.93758/
but then? How to show in our apps the animations created?

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
How to show in our apps
i saw you already tested GifViewer last year :)
if b4a did not have this functionality and there is no library i would try to make a lib in android studio to use in b4a.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How to show in our apps the animations created?

It is very simple to do that. Once u have a sprite u can show it with a simple timer and draw each frame the sprite uaing canvas or u use any rendering engine like libgdx or acclerated surface or bitmapcreator etc...

U should have a look on all game examples and see how the rendering is done. I have also uploaded few examples search for " free source code" and u should find some examples.

It is very simple after u understand how it works.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use many products and their support forums , follow their community etc. None of those communities are like this one. This community loves the creator of the product, sees him as a friend and as a great person. They don't see him as the owner of stg and like a support person etc.. Of course the reason for this is the Erel's great attitude towards people combined with the great support. So we will continue to see great topics like this :) I haven't seen the topic 4 years ago but today I saw it. Now Erel's three girls are 4 years older and also I am not the boy who left the work for his ambition 4 years ago . We are aging all together :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use many products and their support forums , follow their community etc. None of those communities are like this one. This community loves the creator of the product, sees him as a friend and as a great person. They don't see him as the owner of stg and like a support person etc.. Of course the reason for this is the Erel's great attitude towards people combined with the great support. So we will continue to see great topics like this :) I haven't seen the topic 4 years ago but today I saw it. Now Erel's three girls are 4 years older and also I am not the boy who left the work for his ambition 4 years ago . We are aging all together :)

I think that Erel can be very nice and funny but, of course, here he would only want to be professional. Fortunately there are people like me and others who sometimes force him to be less formal :p

However it is true, this is a particular forum... just as special is Erel (who in fact, despite having generated 3 beautiful little girls - the male child will be born in December 2019 :D -, is not human :eek::D).