Android Question questions about the include files of music

masjee

to all users basic4android

I want to ask, I've made using the android application is for safety suitcase basic4android associated with arduino. I was confused when I install a program, the music file can not participate into the source of my android phone. problematic what ..?
I also was recently tried this b4a application, please help ..

masjee

You should add the music file to the files tab and then play it with MediaPlayer.

basic4android if not wrong for any file put into the folder "file". I've put into the folder, but the time to install the music file does not enter into external memory. so I have to enter it manually music file in sdcard-> android-> data-> b4a.example-> files ..

if there is an error with my program ..?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if there is an error with my program ..?
Hard to say without seeing what you have done and how.

If you place the music in your files dir and reinstall the app the files should be in data/pkgname/files...

If you need them on another place then you need to copy the file(s) after you start program if not already copied).

Upvote 0

masjee

thank you suggesting ...

but I am still confused .. :)
I've made the program, and I've included .mp3 music files in the folder "Files" in the source application that I created on pc ...
after I install apk files, music files that do not directly enter into external memory but must be entered manually, as it is ..
if anyone has ever felt such problems besides me, please help ...
Thank you ...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
usic files that do not directly enter into external memory
No. They are STILL in your Assets-folder like i said above. If you need them at another place YOU (your app) must copy them from your assets-folder to wherever you want them.

Maybe you missed the answer from erel?

You should add the music file to the files tab and then play it with MediaPlayer.

Did you tried to play the file with the mediaplayer without copying it so another place?

Upvote 0

masjee

I've tried to play the file with the media player and still works fine ..
but if I use my program without having to place the file on the external memory or the application directory, the music files may not work ..
so I had to manually put the music files in the source application that is in my android smartphone ..

if this affects the application basic4androidnya still trial version ..?

oh, about Assets-folder I still do not understand the point ..?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but if I use my program without having to place the file on the external memory or the application directory, the music files may not work ..
You mean you want to play the file with another player. Not from within your app?
If you want to play the file with any other plkayer you need to copy the files to another place. That´s right.
if this affects the application basic4androidnya still trial version ..?
This is not a limitation of the trial. It is how Android works. Only the own app have access to the files in the files-folder (called the assets when the app is installed). No other app have access to your files-folder (assets). At least starting with android 4.something not.

But maybe i did not understand the question right.

Upvote 0