Android Question Rapid Debugger running slowly - any code no-no's to avoid?

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app runs great on legacy debugger and in release mode, but has heaps of errors in rapid debug.
The main problem is in my service code, which is constantly collecting bluetooth packets, contains the Asynch streams, and responds to bluetooth packets. I get missed or dropped data so I gather something is blocking my code long enough that the New data event isn't being handled before data is somehow being overwritten or something - I don't have enough insight into the New Data and Asynchstreams to know if this is alikely or not.

The service seemed to run alright in debug before I added my GUI and graphs, which I don't believe take all that much time to execute as in release the graphs appear super fast, real time ones, and the service doesn't get blocked by activities, or am I wrong there too?

So I was just wondering if there are any tips for things to avoid which are known to run slowly in rapid debug mode.

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds good :)
I spotted 'Background Process Limit' in the dev settings on my Nexus, I thought perhaps with the debugger running there are one too many background processes for my service to function properly. Didn't want to mess about with it though in case I forget I did and everything starts working oddly.

Upvote 0