B4R Library rCurieBLE - Arduino 101 BLE

With this library it is simple to connect to the Arduino 101 board with an Android or iOS device.
Arduino 101 instructions: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/posts/448783/

It is similar to B4i peripheral implementation: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Peripheral

It creates a service (0001) with a readable characteristic (1001) and a writable characteristic (1002).

The NewData event is raised when a central device, the iOS or Android device, writes to the writable character.
The DataAvailable event on the central device is raised after a call to CuriePeripheral.Write.

Note that messages are limited to 20 bytes. Don't try to send more as it will break the connection.

A B4A + B4R example is attached.

Attachments

• rCurieBLE.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 459
  • B4R_BLE_Example.zip
    828 bytes · Views: 416
  • B4A_BLE_Example.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 459

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Second example:

The Arduino 101 sends the measured temperature and pressure. It is connected to a BMP180 module.
The values are displayed on a connected iPhone.

upload_2016-9-5_11-29-55.png

Attachments

• B4R_Weather.zip
    954 bytes · Views: 339
  • B4i_Weather.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
20 bytes are more than enough for telemetry communication.

Thank you Erel so much

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
One question!
Can one use Uno or Mega? or it has to be 101 (I am using B4A only).

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Thanks Erel,
I ordered 101.. hopefully will receive it tomorrow.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Hi Erel,
Yesterday I received my 101 and tried the Android/101 example above.. the B4A is working fine and stuck on "Trying to connect"
The 101 app cannot compile and said missing a library.. I copied the rCurieBLE (XML) in B4R library folder. besides I can't see the Arduino 101 in the Board selector list.
Any guidance appreciated.
Beja

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Are you sure that the rCurieBLE library is checked?

Hi Erel,
I copied the rCurieBLE.xml file to the b4r libraries directory.. what else should I do?
Thanks in advance.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
This is where I saved it, but not showing in the libraries pane.

B4R_LIBS.jpg

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Thanks Erel, thumps up!
All working now except the 101 BT is not discovered.. I am posting this in the questions forum.

tigleth

Licensed User
Hello
I set the 101 up in arduino and it runs sketches ; I ran the arduino example (on their site) for ble using nRF connect with my moto2g and it switches pin 13 led on and off. When I run BLEcentral it just stays on " trying to connect" . The phone sees the b4r_perif in the Bluetooth list. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you

tigleth

Licensed User
Hello

I am running the B4R program from the first post 1.b4r on 101 and BLEcentral on moto2g, stays on " trying to connect" . When I click connect on b4r i get the message
Error opening port
jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM4; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port not found. When I look in device manager COM4 is on the 101.

Thank you

Last edited:

tigleth

Licensed User
Hello

the b4r example is working; tested with nRF Connect; led off on; it is the b4a example that stops at " trying to connect ".

Thank you