Android Question RDC+SQL+[Class] Flexible Table?

Tom1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I got the RDC server running and now I try to figure out the right path/modules...

I would need offline table/rows in mobile end so that it could work even if connection to RDC in not available. Should I use SQL or Keyvaluestore to store the rows?

When connection is established the data/table could be tranferred.
In mobile app I need 2 tables and when clicking the row it goes to the another table.
Think it is better to use flexible table than customlistview?

Thanks for pointing the direction..

Tom1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
What if I make offline changes and then go online....
If I use SQL is there a sync script(command) to sync tables and look for changes?
Or should I write the commands in a file and execute those after connection is on again?

If I understand correctly all RDC tutorials assumes that connection is on all the time.

I try to look the best solution but perhaps cant ask the right questions...o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understand correctly all RDC tutorials assumes that connection is on all the time.
RDC does one thing only. It allows your app to communicate with a remote database. If there is no connection then the request will fail.

You can create a local database and update it from time to time with RDC. You will need to implement the synchronization yourself. You can for example add a last modified time for each record and then sync the new records between the local and the remote databases.

Upvote 0