Read a row (SQL)

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Nkieto, May 1, 2007.

1. Nkieto

Nkieto Member Licensed User

I have a query (SELECT), and I am using Command.ExecuteTable for showing rows in a table. After that, I want to select one row, click a button and show another form with detailed information for this row.

I am using Table.SelectedRow for determine which row is selected, but I don't know how to query my row. I mean, I know the INDEX in the table, but I can't use DataReader.GetValue or DataReader.ReadNextRow to select my row.

Any idea? I am looking for something in the way ReadRow(INDEX)... Do you know what I mean???

PD.- Sorry for asking so many things, but I have just discover Basic4PPC, and I am enjoying a lot, doing more things in two days than using SprintDB in months.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

First, I'd like to say :sign0098: for the nice links.

Using Table.Cell you can get the primary key of the selected row.
    Now you can query again (ExecuteReader) using the primary key.
    You will get a result of one row, and using a DataReader you will be able to get the data.

3. Nkieto

Nkieto Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel, I think that could be a good and clean solution.

I have decide not to use Command.ExecuteTable, because I need to SELECT ID from my sql table, but I don't want to show it on the form table. Then, I am using a manual fill for the table (Command.ExecuteReader, Reader.Value, Reader.ReadNextRow, Table.AddRow, ...).

Then I use Table.AddCol(cString, "ID", 0), and in this way I have all information for ID for future use, but I am not showing col in the table.

Thanks Erel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice