Reading Registry Keys - Bug or Mistake?

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Raytracer, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Raytracer

Raytracer Member Licensed User

I have written these lines:

Sub Globals
    'Declare the global variables here.
    Dim number, name, files(0) As string, binary(0) As byte
    End Sub

Sub App_Start
    reg.New1
    reg.RootKey(reg.rtLocalMachine)
    number = reg.GetValue("Software\OEM", "SysLang") 'Number Of Items is of type REG_DWORD
    name = reg.GetValue("Software\Comm", "AutoRun") 'User Name is of type REG_SZ
    files() = reg.GetValue("Software\Drivers\BuiltIn", "IClass") 'Recent file is of type REG_MULTI_SZ (multi - string)
    binary() = reg.GetValue("Software\AudioCompressionManager\Dri verCache\msacm.msg711","aFormatTagCache") 'BinaryValue is of type REG_BINARY

Msgbox(number, "DWORD")
    Msgbox(name, "STRING")
    Msgbox(files(), "MULTISTRING")
    Msgbox(binary(), "BINARY")

End Sub

It comes given back the error to me of “key not found” on the reading of the DWORD; if I try to exclude the line, same thing for the STRING.
    The stranger thing is that I have copied equal par the example of the Handbook; the only variation has been carried out on the path of the variable ones of the registry to read.
    I have used one similar sintax in order to read keys on HKCU (rather than HKLM) without problems of risen… it is a bug or mistake something?
    Thanks to anyone want to answer to me

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Are you sure that these keys really exist?
    Some tips:
    - It is better to use GetString, GetInt and the other Get methods instead of the general GetValue.
    - There is no meaning to Msgbox(files()). files() is an array and it can't be implicitly converted to string.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice