Android Question Record screen of device + audio from PC mic?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to make a few tutorial videos of my app by recording the screen of my app along with my voice speaking as the screen is being recorded.

The problem is that my app uses the microphone to record audio and also uses voice recognition, so I can't use any Android apps to do the screen recording + audio recording because my app will error when it tries to use the mic (for audio recording or vr) because the screen recorder app is already using it.

I can use B4A's Screen recorder, but it doesn't record the PC's audio. So, I would have to find an app that would allow me to record audio into the video after the fact.

So, has anyone found any solutions?

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I use Microsoft's MovieMaker if I want to add simple functions to a video. It is a free download to users of Windows.

I usually record the video without narration, and then afterwards, pull it into MovieMaker and edit here and there (very basic stuff) and then click on the "Add Narration" button and record like that - but - it's basic stuff.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy !!

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the tip. That is definitely a workaround.

But, I there is a solution that doesn't require me to later add the audio because it can be difficult to sync what I'm saying to a previously recorded video.

Upvote 0