Recorder That Emails the File

craigisaacs

Licensed User
I wanted to record a file and create a task. Unfortunatly, I do not see a attached file command for tasks. So, I created a simple voice recorder with the file sent to an email address. A copy of the file is left on the device in case the email does not get sent. Pretty simple and the samples on the site were a huge help. Thank you for the record library. I am open to any suggestions.

Attachments

• sshot001.jpg
    sshot001.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 373
  • recorder001.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 405

bparent

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wanted to record a file and create a task. Unfortunatly, I do not see a attached file command for tasks. So, I created a simple voice recorder with the file sent to an email address. A copy of the file is left on the device in case the email does not get sent. Pretty simple and the samples on the site were a huge help. Thank you for the record library. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the recorder progam. Compiles and works on my device. When I try to run it from the IDE on the desktop I get an error on line 22: EmailSender.New1 - the type initializer for Email.EmailSender threw an exception. Is this because the outlookdesktop library is a dummy library with all the methods and properties, but without functionality? If so, what would the equivalent library and calls be for the desktop? It seems with conditional code it could be made to work with the desktop and device.

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
...Is this because the outlookdesktop library is a dummy library with all the methods and properties, but without functionality?

Yes, the OutlookDesktop Library is for using the desktop IDE whilst writing your application for the device. Outlook.dll is only for the device. Agraham or Erel will no doubt chip in soon with a more detailed explanation. :eek:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your explanation is correct. In order to compile an application with device libraries there must be matching desktop libraries. For some libraries those matching desktop are only 'dummy' libraries.

You can send mails on the desktop with the DesktopOnly library. However I don't think that you will be able to record audio on the desktop with the current libraries.

bparent

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your explanation is correct. In order to compile an application with device libraries there must be matching desktop libraries. For some libraries those matching desktop are only 'dummy' libraries.

You can send mails on the desktop with the DesktopOnly library. However I don't think that you will be able to record audio on the desktop with the current libraries.

I believe I understand, but when I try to run the program from the desktop with only the outlookdesktop library get type initializer for email.emailsender threw an exception. What does this mean?

bparent

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe I understand, but when I try to run the program from the desktop with only the outlookdesktop library get type initializer for email.emailsender threw an exception. What does this mean?

Ok, found a mistake. The program as found in the zip file had outlook.dll for the desktop I believe. I removed all components for device and desktop then added outlookdesktop.dll. Now the exception has gone away. However, the accounts list is empty although I have an account with Outlook Express. Does the outlookdesktop library not work with Outlook Express? Thanks.

bparent

Licensed User
Longtime User
OutlookDesktop is a 'dummy' library without any functionality.

Ok, thanks I thought a dummy library lacked functionality, but Post #4 above indicated emails could be sent with the desktop library from the desktop.

Is there a .Net dll that could be used for desktop Outlook functionality?