Android Question Reflection Methods Complete Reference

Falcon

Licensed User
Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me where I can find the Complete Reference to all the Reflection/Java methods available?

For example the below code used the 'performClick' method, where do I find a list of all these methods?

B4X:
Dim policy As JavaObject
    Try
        policy = SpinConductorOAcompanante
        policy = policy.RunMethodJO("performClick", Null)
    Catch
        Log(LastException)
    End Try

Thank you very much for your time,

Regards,
Jacques.

Falcon

Licensed User
Hi Agraham, thanks for the reply.
That link looks great, but very overwhelming!
Where in there would I find methods for the B4A spinner for example? šŸ¤”

Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
What I'm actually trying to do is find a method to close the spinner programmatically. Is there such a method?

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to know some Java and how to find your way round the Android API to roll your own use use of Reflection and JavaObject libraries.
Where in there would I find methods for the B4A spinner for example?
You won't without looking inside the BA Core.jar or the source code on GitHub. If you do you will find it extends android.widget.Spinner. So you find the API for that
and dig around to see if you can find what you want. In your case the B4A Spinner is a complicated wrap of android.widget.Spinner so you chose a bad one to start with and I have no idea how to achieve what you want :(

Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
Thank you Agraham for the great advice. I will dig around and see if I can discover anything.
Otherwise I lay down a nice challenge for all the gurus, to make a method to close the spinner! :)

Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
OK thanks Erel, that clears that up then.
Not the end of the world, I guess I will find an alternate way of doing what I want.
Thanks a lot guys for the help, always appreciated.

Upvote 0