Android Question reinstall old 1.3 version with NEW jdk and NEW sdk

vangogh

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello

I have to reinstall my pc, so i will reinstall B4A. I have the 1.3 licensed version. it's ok for me now for what I have to do.

reinstalling I got problems with the "old"android sdk tool (avd manager) I had.

Can I download and install the NEWER java JDK and NEWER android SDK, and then the B4A ver1.3 I have? if not, it seems I can't reinstall the 1.3

so I need to install the NEWER jdk then install the NEWER sdk then install v1.3 B4A

will it work OK?
thank you

vangogh

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v1.3 which is really an old version will only work with Java 6 and an old version of Android SDK. Not sure which version will work.

too bad the android sdk manager I had (version r08, saved when I bought b4a 1.3) doesn't download the sdk Platform 2.2 (api 8) I need - no errors, simply no download), so my b4a is dead...

the OLD java JDK 6.21 I have seems to install OK, so I can use that one... I got problems only with the old android SDK r08

yes, it's not a big expense to upgrade, but I don't need it and I feel confortable with what I know (my 1.3 version)

so can I use the old java JDK v 6.21 (installs ok) and the new r16 (or the latest working) android sdk?

any suggestion?

thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vangogh

Licensed User
Longtime User
"All licenses are perpetual. You will be able to continue using Basic4android and have full access to the forum even after the free upgrades period expires"

it seems to be not completely true, because my B4A is not going to work anymore and perhaps it can't be fixed :-/

new-droid.jpg

yes, Microsoft too "creates" this issues, but we (me and all you reading) choosed B4A and android because we don't want to be "under" Microsoft...

simply I would like to reinstall my licensed B4A on the same computer and same OS.
nothing more.

any help?

thank you.

Upvote 0

vangogh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sad to read this kind of answer
I don't need to update. I should reinstall the pc AS-IS, exactly the same (why? it doesn't matter)

my b4a IS working perfectly till now, but can't be reinstalled.

this thread can be closed.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be wrong, but can't you use a later API than 8? AFAIK, they are all backward compatible. I am compiling with API 21 even though my phone is only at API 18 and everything still works fine. I believe all you need to do is set the MinSDKVersion and TargetSDKVersion. ex android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="8"

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
maybe you could find useful to have a look at this page for older SDKs.
Another page worth a look is here.

Upvote 0