Reload registry after change?

mcflaytasche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
is there a chance to reload the registry after a change with out soft.- or hardreset?
I want to change some today screen settings and there I don't have to make a softreset.
With Google I found this but I don't know how I can do it with Basic4ppc.
::SendMessage:):GetDesktopWindow(), WM_WININICHANGE, 0xF2, 0);
Greet
Stefan

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There's no chance at all unless you learn how to cook a ROM.

The key's stored in the ROM will always be loaded after a Hardreset, but not on a "normal" soft reset...
You can always write your own key changer soft and store it in a sd card and re-load it as needed.....

mcflaytasche

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think there must be a chance to reload or refresh the registry but how is the question.
Most of the today plugins do this with out softreset.

mcflaytasche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Or can I refresh the today screen?

Is there a chance to refresh the today screen after changing?
I want to change the settings for the today plugins enable or disable them and set position on screen.
But when I do this by hand the changes will only be taken over when I go into the today settings, there are they displayed so I do it in the registry.
Hope you can follow me and find some help!:sign0085:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Isn't it possible that if you know roughly which parts of the registry you are going to be tweaking then you could use the registry library to extract the current settings and store them to a file.
Then you could make your changes knowing that you have a backup of the original settings. The only problem I can see that could arise is if you add new keys as this will change the array that B4PPC creates when getting the list of sub keys.

I haven't tried anything like this myself, it's just an idea.

Regards,
RandomCoder

mcflaytasche

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe I wrongly expressed myself or was wrongly understood.
I don't have a problem with changing something in the registry.
I have a problem when I change something in registry (today items only) that I have to reset the ppc when otherone can do it with out reset.
Hope thats hopefull for you!

dzt

Licensed User
I'll post soon a more reach dzHW.dll at "code samples & tips". Using it, it could be possible to Post Messages (like in your first post mcflaytasche).
I don't know if WM_WININICHANGE message will refresh today screen.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was as I understood you meant. I was thinking that you could read and save the registry values so that if need be you could load them back in again. Saving them to a file I think would be easy enough but reloading them might be more difficult.

Regards,
RandomCoder

Frogger

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe I wrongly expressed myself or was wrongly understood.
I don't have a problem with changing something in the registry.
I have a problem when I change something in registry (today items only) that I have to reset the ppc when otherone can do it with out reset.
Hope thats hopefull for you!

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I need to do exactly the same thing myself but can't find out how :(