Android Question Remote Desktop Connector

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I imagine I am missing something simple...

I have been going through this tutorial for hours:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...r-rdc-connect-to-any-remote-db.31540/#content

I get stuck on "Framework Setup" It says "Unpack the server zip file." I assume this is JRDC2.ZIP? I cannot find the jdbc_driver folder or RUNRLC.bat. I did see a post that there is no such folder or .bat file anymore. Confused.

When I try to "run the server" from the cmd line I get:

"C:\program files (x86)\java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\java" -Xmx2m -cp .;libs\*;jdbc_driver\* anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.remoteserver

Error: Could not find or load main class anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.remoteserver

Marc

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
jRDC2 is a B4J project. Download B4J and open jRDC2.

Thanks, Erel. That got me started but I am stuck again.

I need to run this on a remote server, so I installed B4J on the server. Downloaded and installed the JDK and mySql jDBC connector. When running jRDC from B4J everything looks fine:
Log:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
Program started.
Emulated network latency: 100ms
jRDC is running (version = 2.1)

When I installed Java from Oracle, it gave me a 64-bit version and put it in "Program Files" instead of "Program Files(x86)", so I had to modify the command below:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1>java -Xmx256m -cp .;libs\*;jdnc_driver\* anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.remoteserver
Error: Could not find or load main class anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.remoteserver

I suspect I need to replace the class with something else but have no idea what to put there.

When I go to a browser http://127.0.0.1/?method=test I get a 404. Request Log:

127.0.0.1 - - [12/Nov/2017:09:29:34 +0000] "GET /?method=test HTTP/1.1" 404 315 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.75 Safari/537.36"

I get the same thing with method=query. I have not changed anything in jRDC.b4a except config.properties.

Marc

Upvote 0