Android Question Removing redundant .png file cause complie error.

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

A puzzle!
I have a number of .png files in the project that are not required. If I remove any of these I get the error below when I try to complie. If I copy them back in to the files folder all is good.
I have tried using both the Designer "Remove Selected" and the IDE Files "Remove" to remove the files but it still causes the error.
When I copy the file/s back in to the Files folder I don't need to have either the Designer or the IDE Add the file/s to their respective list, the .png file just needs to be in the Files folder.

I could ignore them but would prefer to clean out unused files.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards Roger

Compile Error.jpg

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks NJDude

I had tried Debug Rapid, but it didn't find a problem. The Legacy Debug certainly has found the problem at "Activity.LoadLayout("Portrait")" as shown below. Any idea as what I do to fix it, I'm out of my depth.

Roger

Compile Error2.jpg

Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that the panel is logged as not initialized is a different puzzle.
The "aboutPanel" was created in the Designer and my understanding that this initializes the panel and it should not be initialized in code.
The about Panel has only 1 Label [Text only, no images]. It causes no problem until I remove a .png file. The .png file not associated with the aboutPanel.
I did however try initializing the panel in code but the result was the same error. Stanger and stranger.

Regards Roger

Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

The project zip is to large to upload directly, but a link is below. I haven't used drop box before, this should work, let me know if it doesn't.
There are a number of redundant files in the project, removing one, "banner.png" should demonstrate the problem.

BrownPaper2

Regards Roger

Upvote 0