iOS Question Renew iOS Distribution Certificate

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

My current iOS Distribution Certificate that I created according to Erel video is expire in 30 days on 12/15/2020.

I'm going to start a new project. What are my options? Never did it before.

What should I do today - start a new project or wait until 12/15/2020? How can I renew my certificate after 12/25/2020?

Also in Identifiers I've created Identifier with explicit Bundle ID as alex.HCMS.Timesheet. It should be changed to either wildcard as alex.HCMS.* or explicit alex.HCMS.EVV.

Do I need to create a new one or delete it first? I never used it before and doesn't belong to any profile - all the projects were based on another identifier b4i.* - just for testing and learning.

Can I have multiple profiles in Key folder or do I need to delete current certificate, identifiers, profiles and create them from scratch again?

Thank you.

Last edited:

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is better, to renew it now, and not to wait on the last minute. You have to make a new ios-distribution certificate in the apple developer console as explained in Erel's tutorial.
After that, you have to make a new provsioning-profile for all your distributed apps. It is not need to change the identifiers. Revoke the old distribution-cert could break exisiting apps, which are already puplished. You can also easily remove it after it has expired.
Before the old certificates expired, you have to comile your project with the new distribution and provisioning-file.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is better, to renew it now, and not to wait on the last minute. You have to make a new ios-distribution certificate in the apple developer console as explained in Erel's tutorial.
After that, you have to make a new provsioning-profile for all your distributed apps. It is not need to change the identifiers. Revoke the old distribution-cert could break exisiting apps, which are already puplished. You can also easily remove it after it has expired.
Before the old certificates expired, you have to comile your project with the new distribution and provisioning-file.
Thank you:)

Upvote 0