Beta [Resolved] - Whilst editing previous line, there's no tool tip window. Beta #2

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel,
Whilst in the new IDE (5.00), if I go into one of my projects and try to get the information about a method(tool tip window) it does not appear when I press the space bar after an open bracket. If I go into the previous version of the IDE (4.30) the information about a method (tool tip window) appears when I press the space bar after an open bracket.

The tool tip windows appears in IDE (4.30) when I press the space bar after an open bracket.
Close-up.png

Old IDE line 835: Press the space bar after the open bracket, and there's a tool tip windows for the method.
Old.png

New IDE line 835: Press the space bar after the open bracket, and there's no tool tip windows for the method.
New.png

It works fine if I'm typing in the line from scratch, but not if I go back to the line to edit it. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to explain to you...

Last edited:

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't actually testing writing code in 5.0 but i sure hope tool tips are added so when you hover over an item it it gives you type info and like what you get when you press ctrl-space

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not working on my laptop and no I'm not pressing ESC. Please try doing the following Erel. Open an existing project, find a line with a method with tool tips, move the cursor to just past the open bracket (right of bracket) then press space. Nothing happens in 5.00, but in 4.30 a tool tip window will appear.

If you're writing the line from new then the tool tips window works 100%, but it does not work if you go back and editing a previously created line. I may be able to create a video to show you.

Thank you @Erel...

Last edited:
Upvote 0