Android Question ResponseError. Reason: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Handshake failed, Response:

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Edit: Android Version 7.0, Security patch level June 5, 2017.

I have an app that is working just fine on several devices, B4X/i/and J.
However HttpJob is failing in all cases on one old, tired, cheap Insignia tablet.
The job is connecting to a MySQL DB via a PHP file on a cloud server
The error message is the title.
If there is a simple fix, great, if it is a precursor to potential problems on current devices then I guess I really need to fix the problem.
Otherwise I will just let it go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

b4x-de

Licensed User
Longtime User
Who issued the SSL Certificate that is used? Make sure the old device has a valid certificate chain to validate the SSL certificate you are using.
Thomas

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Who issued the SSL Certificate that is used? Make sure the old device has a valid certificate chain to validate the SSL certificate you are using.
Thomas
I don't know what that means or how I would go about doing that. It's a Best Buy Insignia brand android tablet. I have had any number of tablets and never had to deal with that.
I just Googled it. I have no password on the tablet. That might be the issue. I'll try that tomorrow.

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, I had changed the time zone. The tablet was purchased and set up in PST. I had changed it to Taiwan as that is where I am now so I switched it back to PST but I still get the same error.

Upvote 0