Android Tutorial [Root] Using ADB over WIFI : B4A Bridge alternative

Hello all ,

Main advantage for this method over B4a Bridge is that it fixed issue I faced after updating my Huawei Honor 6 to Android 5.1.1 and B4A IDE stopped getting logs from Bridge .After searching forum I found one post from Erel stating that B4A Bridge is not allowed to collect its own logs .

Although this method might be old but it can help some people facing same issue .

We need this application
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb&hl=en
and also need device rooted .

Start app on your device, enable it and it will show you a statement like this adb connect 192.168.1.2:5555

On your computer open platform-tools its path might be like this C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

Hold Shift key and Right Click on an empty space inside this folder

Start command line window and type the statement given by Wifi ADB similar to this adb connect 192.168.x.x:5555
You should get connected to 192.168.x.x:5555

Now minimize this window and you will be able to use this device as if it was connected through USB .

I hope it helps someone and sorry if this tutorial is not clear .
It is my first tutorial :)

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
In that case you should indeed use USB debug mode or the solution you posted.

Note that nothing has changed in Android 5 or 6 related to this.

Thanks but Huawei EMUI rom is heavily modified so it might be a problem specific to this company's devices.

Marco Nissen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought a Honor 5x yesterday as an additional dev device, and had no problems actually.

Now I can run the app in release mode, and see all debug output with no issues whatsoever, even with the EMUI stuff on it