Android Question RTSPVideoPlayer Library (Play RTSP easily) Still Image

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
I’ve been trying out the RTSPVideoPlayer Library (Play RTSP easily by Biswagit and posted in this forum by darabon) and it seems work for my needs.

With some modification of the URL I have it working with a couple of IP camera models that supports RTSP, the Sricam SP009 and the S3vc Bullet Camera (I'm amazed you can access the camera feeds without credentials)

However, I’m trying to take a still image from the feed.

I’m sure I’ve seen the solution to this on the forum but I cannot find it now.

Snapshot of the panel or entire activity does not work, nor does taking a screen shot via JavaObject or screen shot via reflection.

Anybody point me in the right direction?

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
The RTSP Library doesn’t provide the same properties, methods or events as the CamEX2 Library, no matter what i tried it just creates black image.

It is something to do with OpenCV so I may look into this. However, I expect the only way to create a snapshot of the feed is from within the RTSP Library and that’s if the creator adds the feature.

What I thought might be the solution… a post from 10 years ago by Margret, was a similar issue (taking a Snapshot from a video, playing in a video view control. This just produced a black image), but the solution required taking a thumbnail form the video file itself and not a snapshot of the playing stream.

Thanks for looking in on my question though.

I’ll likely find a suitable camera that supports MJPEG instead or jury-rig an ESP32-CAM for IR operation and grab a snapshot that way.

Upvote 0

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
For anyone who is interested in what the URL settings for the two cameras I tried.
like I said I was amazed that I could access the feed without any security at all...

RTSP URL Examples:
player.SetMedia("rtsp://<IP_ADDRESS>:554/onvif1","","","aaa") 'Sricam SP009 / SP009A
player.SetMedia("rtsp://<IP_ADDRESS>:554/12","","","aaa") 'S3vc IP camera

Upvote 0