Android Question Running Program List says B4A Example

Christian Blackburn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Everyone,

My program lists its running title as "B4A Example". I've updated the manifest and activity titles, is there anywhere else I need to change the application title?
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "Talk The Time")
In the designer Activity.Title = "Talk The Time".

When I install my program it lists the correct title, when I look at the program the Activity view has the correct title, but when I hold down the home button and it shows me a list of running applications my application is titled "B4A Example". I've installed my application by taking "\B4A\Talk The Time\Objects\bin\temp.ap_" and renaming temp to "...\Talk The Time.apk". Where else do I need to change a value?

Wrong Application Title.jpg

Thanks for the help,
Christian Blackburn

Christian Blackburn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

Thank you very much. I actually just found it on my own by searching the source code. That top section you so beautifully outlined in your screenshot showed up in my search ("B4A Example") and must have been hidden/collapsed. As for the package name, I had already modified that as I'm used to seeing that sort of thing in the list of carrier forcibly installed APK's (yes I know rooting will let you remove them). Thank you very much for taking the time and consideration to provide such a high quality response. I'm sure many others will benefit from it and I certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Christian Blackburn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure many others will benefit from it and I certainly appreciate it.
the others have read the beginners guide where this is described :D

But yes, you are not alone... A lot of people does this "error" at the beginning (me too)

The good thing is that you´ve found a helpful community

Upvote 0

Christian Blackburn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

Thank you very much for suggesting reading the documentation. Today is my first day using the program and honestly all I'd done was watch a few tutorials and just drudge my way through it. Thankfully I have years of experience with VB5-.NET 2005 to call upon :). I'm not sure why the beginners guide is more pages than the user's guide, 328 vs. 182. That seems backwards :). Apparently I have 500+ free pages of documentation tackle :).

Thanks,
Christian Blackburn

Upvote 0