Android Question RuntimePermissions library issue....

Danno Cardinal

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi...

First off, I've been using B4A for a while but by no means an expert. I love developing with B4A as it's fun. However, with the latest release, I've been having some issues with the RuntimePermissions library.

This is what I get when I hit the F5 button to start debugging: a dialog box with the following:

[Compile and Rapid Debug (Build: Default) ]

B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.01s)
Compiling code. (0.09s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Generating R file. Error
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:font
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontStyle
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontWeight

I encounter only this error when I compile with the RuntimePermissions library. On a program I am developing, I need it to access the GPS. I cannot even compile the GPS examples from Erel on the forums. When I "uncheck" this library, life is good and I have no issues.

I am using Android SDK 7.1.1 at this time. I've also tried installing the latest trial version of B4A alongside with my paid version.

Now, is there something I am doing wrong, or that I am missing? Any help is appreciated! ALso, with Android 6.0+, do we need to use this library to make use of the "Dangerous Permissions" such as GPS use?

Man I'm confused and I need a beer!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Danno Cardinal

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! I did the updates. I also updated the paths in Configure Paths.

I was running Android SDK level 24 and not Android Level 27. I had both, but attempting to compile using SDK 27.

A real Homer Simpson d'oh! Moment!

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers and keep up the good work!:):):):)

Upvote 0