Sample sqllite application

Discussion in 'Code Samples & Tips' started by anansath, May 28, 2007.

1. anansath

anansath Member

Hi Fren,
    1) Can someone share me a simple application and usage on how to manage, handle and load sqllite file into application eg load, update, search and delete record?
    2) Can the data in sqllite encrypted and how we can handle it in B4ppc?

thks in advance.

anant:)

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

See the SQL example here: www.basic4ppc.com/Downloads.html (there are two versions, compiled application and source code).
    The table can't be encrypted as a complete encrypted table.
    Using the Crypto library you can encrypt the important data before inserting it to the table.

3. giannimaione

giannimaione Well-Known Member Licensed User

A little demo of sql

Gianni

Attached Files:

4. conf

conf Member

I open this sample and it's error (see attach). How can fix it ?

Attached Files:

5. Erel

6. conf

conf Member

Thank Erel, you answer so fast ! :)

7. anansath

anansath Member

Hi Erel,
    I already installed the .net 2 as instructed. But I still this error when I try to open the demosql (demosql.zip above). I also get error on "Could not load or assembly System.Data.SQLite........ System could not find the file specified.
    I am using trial B4P5.

8. dzt

dzt Active Member Licensed User

Extract from the attached zip the dbasic.exe.config in your b4ppc folder (where dbasic.exe exists)

Attached Files:

9. Erel

10. Scubaticus

Scubaticus Active Member Licensed User

I followed the instructions partially again as I have the same problem. I don't have b4ppc installed on my ppc.

I have the following files from SQL1.2.zip in a directory stored on my sd-card:

Northwind.sl3
    SQLDevice.dll
    sqlsample.exe (compiled dev version of SQL.sbp)
    System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    TreeView.dll

When I start sqlsample.exe, the device responds with "Error loading program. IOException"

On my PC I had a same sort of error (System.Io.File ....) but solved that one by putting the system.data.sqlite.dll in the directory the compiled exe is stored.

.NET is installed. Other compiled b4ppc program runs without problem (but they are not using one of the above mentioned dll's)

What did I overlooked?

Scub.

11. Erel

12. Scubaticus

Thanks for your quick response Erel.

Your sample worked and after I figured out I had to name the .exe.config the name of the application, my sample worked to! Perhaps something to add to the steps to take to get it work quickly? Or is there already a Wiki?

Scub

13. Erel

14. Scubaticus

Oke thanks for that one. I didn't read that whole story because it was assuming you had to have b4ppc installed on the Dev which I haven't. But it could have give me a clue .....

Much to eager to finish my first app instead with you great program!

Scub.