Scalable Server hosting for servers made with B4J

Roycefer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon is definitely something into which you should look. They have a free option that offers pretty good performance. They also have paid options with different scaling schemes. You can buy capacity in advance (the cheapest) or pay for it on demand (more expensive but you only pay for what you use as you use it) as well as some other schemes. They also have pretty good DNS services and offer even the free accounts quite a few IP addresses.

As for operating systems, they offer a bunch of Linux and Windows options. You can install Java 8 on either OS and run your B4J servers there. With the Windows option, you can use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your AWS instance whereas with the Linux options, you're going to be using SSH.

Security is pretty solid on AWS provided you make use of what Amazon provides. There have been some very interesting data "leaks" from AWS instances but that was because the people running the instances were doing so without any of copious security Amazon provides in place.

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google App Engine says that it support Jetty and Tomcat. Someone know how to implement it ?
I think that there must be a tutorial for a few services like Google Cloud, Amazon, ... to be able to know that the server apps that where built with B4J can be installed and run on popular services.

hibrid0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you will use this:
http://do.co/1Lw5ifj
the offer start on $5/Month to $640/Month

I use the $5 with ubuntu server (SSD disk, 1TB/month)and work fine for me at the moment, if I need more power I update the server to the next offer 10USD

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check Scaleway, it's real server with 4 dedicated ARM cores, 2GB RAM, 50GB SSD Disk... for just 2,99€/month. You even can hire it by hourly.
https://www.scaleway.com/

hibrid0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Arm servers how is the performance?
Microsoft has now a version of Windows Server for arm? In case we need some on Windows or x86?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Honestly, I didn't use Scaleway yet. However, I read some threads on LowEndTalk.com and people like it alot.

Erel said "Raspberry Pi 2 can be used as a server" while Scaleway have better specs.

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've deployed on Amazon EC2 and it works great. Right now I'm using their free tier - which lasts 12 months. We use Amazon EC2 at work so I have some experience with setup & config. Its easily scalable and cost effective. Im sure Azure, Google offer similar things.

Scaleway looks good for single web servers but it doesn't appear to offer any advanced feature like auto-scaling, load balancing etc like the major players offer.

If you want a platform that will support 1 million users then look at Amazon first.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do also have an Amazon EC2 free (for the first year) AWS with a public (elastic) IP address. It is running Windows Server 2012 and was so easy to configure even for a person with nearly no experience in servers as I am.

I am running 3 webpages from there and a B4J server for an app I am developing.

Traffic is very low because all those things are under developement, but it can be scaled when it grows

It is really worth a try!

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've also a free tier on AWS. Install all the things needed it's pretty easy.
There're free packs or bundles with for ex:: Ubuntu + Apache+ Mysql+ Php (lamp).
Download the bundle and run....

Julien Brunelle

Licensed User
Hi,

Does someone has experience with hosting server app made with B4J (jetty) on a cloud hosting like Amazon or Google App Engine?

you need a server that can run node.js ..... its a TCIP web socket.io running jar filles is a pain you have to shh
now you can create client server app with b4a or b4i or Arduino IO board with WiFi Shield..it has the ability to create a tiny client or server...

very easy to install and cheep to run off..... easy to upgrade to a hug server box that can run youtube systems at grate price

http://3taccount.com/web-hosting-services/compare-us-with-top-notch-providers/

web hosting CEO julien @ 3taccount.com

Last edited:

Julien Brunelle

Licensed User

Julien Brunelle

Licensed User
Google App Engine says that it support Jetty and Tomcat. Someone know how to implement it ?
I think that there must be a tutorial for a few services like Google Cloud, Amazon, ... to be able to know that the server apps that where built with B4J can be installed and run on popular services.

google app is the V8 engine you can build standalone apps or apps in the chrome browser...as for google cloud it stinks too mush installs to just connect and recover.... get a cheap cloud hosting account and just create an ftp folder account vola 24 hour back ups and help... and not only that you can connect all your devices to it.... just map a path folder... then create as many ftp accounts as you want.... now your sharing files.... net working

web hosting CEO julien @ 3taccount.com

Julien Brunelle

Licensed User
I know but I am searching for a hosting service which will be able to handle for example 1,000,000 + users. Scalable. Like Google App Engine or Amazon WS

Node.js always appears to max out at 1000 concurrent connections (this is NOT 1000 per second, but 1000 it can handle at 1 time). Shortly after that the CPU spikes and node basically freezes.

65,000<-----128
32,500<-----64
16,250<-----32
8,125<-----16
4,075<------8
2,035<-----4
1,017<----2
500<-----is your node max with a buffer allocated cpu resources then you load balance the calls

so 500 X 1000 = 500,000 users so basicly with 1 node.js server with 1000 connections can keep tabs on 500,000 users this way..... a pool of 500 users the other connection are feeder connectors.... order table is a feeder connector it has to record the entry every time a request is made by the 500in the pool to load balance.... now you have 501 connections 502 is your next resource connector for the pool of 500 and so on...a 503 connection can update stats to all users this way.... or you could create client to client IP calls this way to minimize server request loads.....

web hosting CEO Julien @ 3taccount.com

Last edited: