Android Question Search for images

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to write a program where a customer can take a photo of a garage remote control and search a database for that remote to get programming instructions and information like alternate compatible remotes etc.

Any ideas of how to search and match an image or am I barking mad.
I'm no wizz programmer so might be aiming out of my ability, still its an idea I have so any suggestions/help welcome.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah see in the attached image the remote on the left can be used in place of/is compatible with all the remotes on the right.
I want my users to easily locate the image of their remote on the right so they can sell or purchase the correct remote on the left.

Perhaps I need to make a question list to help narrow the choices such as button qty etc.

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
In order for a machine to actually view the world like people or animals do, it relies on computer vision and image recognition. Computer vision is what powers a bar code scanner’s ability to “see” a bunch of stripes in a UPC. It’s also how Apple’s Face ID can tell whether a face its camera is looking at is yours. Basically, whenever a machine processes raw visual input such as a JPEG file or a camera feed it’s using computer vision to understand what it’s seeing.

An AI needs training just like children do. If you show a child a number or letter enough times, it’ll learn to recognize that number.

Upvote 0