Android Question Security alert with phone AV

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am new so I figure I better ask now. I have been using the real device option here and there and just recently installed an antivirus app on my phone. I have a few examples I made and installed to the phone and on one of them the AV pops up a message:

360 Security Alert
B4A Example
Use with caution
Forced auto start
The app was signed with a Google test certificate which was found to be shared with large number of trojans and malwares. Please use with caution. Contains push ads. Contains ads.

I know I have read in the compile box about reinstalling the app if you get a key that does not match. Where do I find the key so I can further understand how it works? One test app pops the alert but the other does not.
Thanks,
schemer

p.s. I read this so it answers my question somewhat. But one test app does not pop the AV alert and the other does.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...applications-signed-with-the-debug-key.26600/

p.s.s. Let me read that whole thread on signing an app and I will be back later if I have any more questions. Thanks :)

Last edited:

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thanks Erel,
So I guess just ignore the AV alerts while testing is the usual way to test apps on a device with an AV app running. Just use a unique key when releasing to Google. I had been using the device for testing but switched to the emulator and in between installed an antivirus app on the phone. Still learning...I have only had B4A for about 2 weeks. ;) I like it very much and the support is awesome.
schemer

added: I read all 4 pages of the link you sent above and I guess I am fine running without making a key for now and when I do just use one key for all my apps. Good deal. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0