Bug? Selection Icon in the designer

kohle

Licensed User
Longtime User
See screenshot. In the designer you select "fontawsome" but
you can change the selection to material in the icon dialog .
After click and copy you get a strange symbol.

Why two fields for fonts in the designer when you can change the selection in the icon dialog ?

Attachments

• 23-03-_2018_13-15-32.png
    23-03-_2018_13-15-32.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 248

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is not a bug, you should choose the right one or if you need on the same view Material Icons and Font Awesome, then you can change it in the code.

if you choose a Font Awesome Icon then you should change the type to Font Awesome.

kohle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Its a bad user interface.
Sorry.
If you know how it works, its ok. But it could be better solved.
Its easy , only open Material fonts when you select, and aWsome fonts disable in the icon dialog

I use this font the first time, normally I use my own.
I was looking for a share icon and didnt find a good one , so I switched to the matrial fonts. I liked it and selected it.

For newbies its not good running in this trap.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was looking for a share icon and didnt find a good one , so I switched to the matrial fonts. I liked it and selected it.
So it was useful that you have both options enabled.
This is a standard picker that is used in several places in the IDE and in most cases it makes sense to allow the user to change to a different set of icons. No one remembers which set includes which icon.

kohle

Licensed User
Longtime User
So it was useful that you have both options enabled.
This is a standard picker that is used in several places in the IDE and in most cases it makes sense to allow the user to change to a different set of icons. No one remembers which set includes which icon.

For searching definitely a yes,
but why 2 fields for the the fonts, when you decide the font in the typeface field?
It's your software and it's only a suggestion
for more usability .