Serial Port won't open

djmrozinski

Licensed User
Hello,

Need some help. I have an app that opens a serial port (Serial2.dll) to communicate with a gps. Bluetooth is connecting but I can establish a comm connection.

Seems to run fine on the desktop but wont run on the pda. What I find really funny is that GPS4PPC will run on the pda and I am using almost the same code.

Any help would we great.

Thanks
Dave

djmrozinski

Licensed User
Yes, I just am missing something. Everything works on the desktop simulation that is the part that is confusing.

I talso dones seem to like the registry access to get the com ports, it throws any error when that runs as well.

Thanks
Dave

djmrozinski

Licensed User
Just wanted to try and see if anyone had a suggestions.

The problem seems to be with the Serial.portopen statement.

I have reinstalled Netframework 2.0 sp2

I have tied every example possible, all with the same result, on the desktop they run fine. On the device they all get an error when I try to open the port.

Running the GPS4PPC example, if I install the exe that is zipped up, it runs on the device. If I compile the project and run I get the same error on the portopen and the registry calls.

Any help would really be appreciated. I am about 36 hours into this an I am really struggling.

Thanks
Dave

djmrozinski

Licensed User
Reinstalled SP2 of Net 2.0 and it took care of the port problem. Still doesn't want read the registry with REG component. HP 2210

Any suggestions

Thanks
Dave