SerialDevice.dll and universal setup for .Net 1.0 & .Net 2.0

numerus

Licensed User
In my application for serial port communication I use SerialDevice.dll.
After executing legacy compilation (B4PPC v.6.30) I build the setup file for PPC using SetupBuilder. I tested the application on my PPC with installed .Net 1.0 and it works fine.

My problem is how to build correct setup file for user having PPC with installed .Net 2.0.
Is it possible build universal setup for .Net 1.0 and .Net 2.0 (it will be the best solution)?

From the forum discussions I understood then it is not possible because .Net 1.0 accepts SerialDevice.dll but .Net 2.0 needs Serial2.dll only.
In case I must build special setup for .Net 2.0, how to do it? I can’t test the procedure because I haven’t PPC with .Net 2.0. If I simply replace SerialDevice.dll with Serial2.dll and recompile using legacy compilation it will be OK? Maybe I should use optimized compilation or change something in using of SetupBuilder?

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
What are the reasons that necessitate having just CF 1.0 on the device? If it is WM2003 or later you should be able to install CF2.0 - then you may just use Serial2.dll

numerus

Licensed User
Yes, I know, but I am thinking about end-users of my application. One of them has .CF 1.0 but another has .CF 2.0. I would like to offer them my application, not apllication + condition that they change PPC configuration. Maybe someone don’t wont extra installation or simply it is to difficult for him.