Android Question Serious Memory Error

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by PhilMac, Jun 30, 2015.

1. PhilMac

PhilMac Member Licensed User

B4A: Serious error: pkg:/data/local/tmp/Designer.apk Failure INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE rm failed for -f, Read-only file system ..... PhilMac

2. PhilMac

I tried several apps and all had same error. I also uninstalled my purchased version 4.4 and reinstalled. Same error. Any suggestions? PhilMac.

3. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

The answer is right there on the message itself, there's no more room in your device, you can try restarting your device or removing apps from it.

4. eps

eps Well-Known Member Licensed User

So how much storage space have you given to the emulator?

5. PhilMac

Thank you eps, I chose a different emulator and set the RAM to 512 and simulated SD card of 250Mb. No more errors. PhilMac.

6. PhilMac

Thank you NJDude, I chose a different emulator and set the RAM to 512 and simulated SD card of 250Mb. No more errors. PhilMac.

7. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

I strongly recommend the use of a real device, the use of emulators should be avoided for many reasons.

eps likes this.
  8. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

I had that issue aswell a few days ago when I used Genymotion because I forgot my phone at home.

I don't get the SD size limit in that one so I just had to set

#CanInstallToExternalStorage: False

at the top of the main module so that it doesn't force it to be installed to the SD that apparently doesn't exist.

9. Informatix

Informatix Expert Licensed User

Genymotion, which is widely used, is very close to a real device (bugs that you can see on real devices can be reproduced with Genymotion). And, unless you have plenty of devices at your disposal, developing an app is complicated without an emulator.

eps and lemonisdead like this.