Other Sign AAB for a third-party

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
generally I don't publish on the stores, so this matter is new to me.
A third-party (software-house) asked me to develop an android/ios mobile app for them. They don't need the source.

As far the Android version is concerned, is the following procedure right?

0. Write b4xpages/b4x code (ok, this is the norm .. heheh)
1. Use JDK11 (guess JDK8 won't do, right?)
2. Tools/Private Sign Key to generate a new key for that software-house (should I use their data or anything will do?)
3. Use #SignKeyFile - #SignKeyPassword in Main to refer to the newly created keystore (located in the folder created for any project related to the same customer)
4. Project->Build App Bundle

Once the .aab is ready, I pass it to my customer who in turns provides to publish it on the store. That's it (or, at least, I hope so).

I'll post a similar thread in the B4i section of the forum. In that case I expect Apple's own rules and the use of the Hosted Builder to complicate things a bit.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
3 looks good to me. That´s the way to go. Make sure to have them used for all projects of this customer. Never ever use YOUR signkey.

Reactions: udg
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Manfred.
So, I generate a new private key with THEIR data. (point #2)
In addition to the .abb I'm not sure to understand what I'm expected to give them. Would the generated keystore be sufficient? Having it and (eventually) the password they would be independent and ready to fill Google's forms for the publication?
Or should I keep keystore/keypass secret and provide something that I derive from it (like the signkey hash you mentioned).

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
n addition to the .abb I'm not sure to understand what I'm expected to give them.
check this two Tutorials by another B4XMember.

Upvote 0