Android Question Simple Library Compiler Problem compiling the library

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today I tried to create a lib using Simple Library Compiler, but it shows the following error message:

B4X:
Starting step: Compiling Java code.
javac: invalid target release: 1.7
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

My environment:

-Simple Library Compiler 1.03
-JDK 1.6
-Windows 7 64 bit

Can anyone help me?

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel ,
Now I installed Java 7+ and configured B4A to use it, and it works fine now!

However I face another strange problem now!

I used this newly created lib in my project:

1. When I compiled my project using B4A IDE. The compiled APK is working fine.

2. But when I compiled my project using B4Abuilder. The compiled APK always crashed with the following message

B4ABuilder.png

This is really strange to me! :( I hope @Erel can help me with this!

Upvote 0

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel! sorry for pointing this question to only you!Actually, I need all helps from the other members too :). In my case, I need to make use of B4ABuilder.

I always compiled my app in realease mode(obfuscated) in IDE.

Upvote 0

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really? So what did I do wrong? :( Did you enable obfuscate mode when compiled with B4ABuilder?

Upvote 0

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Now I found the root cause of this problem, however I don't know what to do to solve the problem!

How I found the root cause:
I used Java Decompiler (for learning purpose only) to decompile my two APKs to find the differences between them ( The first APK was compiled with B4A IDE, the other one was compiled with B4ABuilder). After comparing, I can see that the APK compiled with B4ABuilder doesn't contain the classname of my library. This problem happened when I used this library. If I don't use this library in my project, the APK compiled with B4ABuilder works just fine.

So I can draw a conclusion that:

B4ABuilder doesn't include my lib in the compiled APK (The other libraries work just fine except my lib)

How can I solve this problem? :(

Upvote 0

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you able to upgrade to v5? This might be a bug in previous versions. As I wrote, it did work properly when I compiled it with B4ABuilder.

I will upgrade! How much will I need to pay for the upgrade?

One important thing I want you to note is that only this lib causes the problem with B4ABuilder. Other libs work fine with B4ABuilder.

Upvote 0