Android Question Simplest multi column view?

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
This may sound like a silly question, but I searched and found so many different options that I thought I'd better ask before choosing one:

I want to display a set of results in a table with header for each column, about 4 columns and 3 rows, plain text, very simple - no need for scrolling, but I may want to make the cells invisible so that only the headers and numbers are visible.

What are the most uncomplicated views that I can do this with? If the invisibility but complicates things dramatically I can probably make that requirement vanish.

Thanks.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If 4x3 and no scrolling, then
for static values use an array of labels (4x3)
for variable values use edittext array (4x3)

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Beja, but I was thinking that a table would be easier to handle from a layout perspective, and more flexible for adding rows or columns easily if required.
I currently use labels on top of a background bitmap, but have troubles aligning them properly on a bunch of screen sizes.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The first class to check for a table layout is: [Class] Flexible Table

However this class (which is based on TableView class) is optimized for handling very large tables. This means that it not so simple to customize it.

For a simple layout you can use CustomListView class which allows you to add any view you like.

Upvote 0