iOS Question Slow launch

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hello

My app is ready for submiting for review but i have a question. My app is loding in 4 5 seconds till my white spreen splash comes up and during this period black screen is shown by iphone . Will it be a reason for rejection i dont want to wait 10days and get rejected as usual. If yes what can i do to spped it up.

Ty

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
My (approved) app is starting about 10 seconds, but splash screen in shown right after start, with activity indicator.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found out that the slowness is because of seting searchview items on startup. ( 5103 items take 10 seconds ) . I will try to figure out something else.
Make sure to check it in Release mode (Tools - Build Server - Build Release app). It will be faster.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
by the way in android when i write n first line of sub progressdialogoshow and than the things that take time and at last line progressdiaolog hide , it shows the dialog then loads the items while progressbar is spinning and at th end when loading finishes diaolog dissapears. but in ios it does everything at the same time. I mean after the load completes it shows the progressdiaolog screen sor a milisecond and than hides it. but in fact it must first show the dialog than load things and at the end it must dissapear.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure that it is the best idea to build such a large index when the program starts. Note that can change SearchView MIN_LIMIT (increase and MAX_LIMIT (decrease) values to make the indexing step quicker.

You can use CallSubDelayed to let the page load the layout and only then build the index.
I changed the min value and max value to 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 4 and now it is quicker. But what is the logic of this. What does this value changes ? can you describe shortly pleasE ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
SearchView builds an index that maps between short strings and the matching values. This allows it to very quickly find relevant results.

MIN_LIMIT is probably the one that makes it quicker. It means that it will only start searching for results when there are at least MIN_LIMIT characters. The larger this value
the smaller the index built.

Upvote 0