Share My Creation Small tool - Network devices scanner

Screenshot_2017-07-07-22-35-01-598_network.assist.com.png
Hi everyone,

i just want to share with You my small tool. The main target was to get IP and MAC addesses of all devices connected to my home network. Just one click and You have list with all ip, mac and manufacturer name. Maybe will be usefull for someone.

ps. Now its just a beta version but main goal is working ( I hope so ... :) )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=network.assist.com&rdid=network.assist.com

Last edited:

sz4t4n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm strange. I have tested IT on android 7 and works fine. After weekend i will check this again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-23-20-15-34-277_com.Ntools.android.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-23-20-15-34-277_com.Ntools.android.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 426

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm,
It works but when it's populating the founds devices into our grid, for every single device the screen annoyingly flashes. I'm going to presume that it's to do with 'Please Wait' ProgressDialogShow and I'm also going to presume that you are using DoEvents. I strongly recommend that you find another way to do that, it's annoying especially if like me you have IoT devices scattered over the house, then the list can be 14 devices long, thus the screen flashes 14 times. Annoying and does not look good at all.

Apart from that I like the app, especially scan with manufacturer.

sz4t4n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm,
It works but when it's populating the founds devices into our grid, for every single device the screen annoyingly flashes. I'm going to presume that it's to do with 'Please Wait' ProgressDialogShow and I'm also going to presume that you are using DoEvents. I strongly recommend that you find another way to do that, it's annoying especially if like me you have IoT devices scattered over the house, then the list can be 14 devices long, thus the screen flashes 14 times. Annoying and does not look good at all.

Apart from that I like the app, especially scan with manufacturer.

thanks for Your answer. I put new link in the first post. If You can, please download new version of my app. I made some changes.

thanks

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a lot better and it looks a lot nicer too. You should look more into using resumable subs.
  • Network Info - Crashes
  • Network Scan - Works
  • Ping - Just says 'In progress' and does absolutely nothing
Tested on a Nexus 6P...