Android Question SMS interface

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I need to write a "simple" SMS graphic interface with a look similar to the default "Messaging" application.
This become a must and the only solution for an app that need to manage SMS in Android 4.4 KitKat ..

Do you have any suggestion on how to begin, which kind of controls to use and libraries that could help ?
I have searched for samples but no success.
Thanks
Marco

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I need to write a "simple" SMS graphic interface with a look similar to the default "Messaging" application.
This become a must and the only solution for an app that need to manage SMS in Android 4.4 KitKat ..

There is NO NEED that an app MUST have the look of the default messanging app in KitKat!

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been misunderstood ...
The MUST is an interface that allow the user to see incoming SMS and write SMS.
Not reinventing the wheel, the look and usage would be similar ...

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, "security issues of my sister" i would say ... :D:p:eek:
Anyway:
Which is the best graphics control to use to have a scrollable list of chats and a scrollable messages list inside a chat (as "messaging" app do) ?
Which is the best way to store hundreds , thousands of SMS ? dbutils I suppose, right ? I never used it before.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice !
I have to decide the method to store sent/received SMS and to show the list of all SMS (grouped by chat), then I'll start some experiment.
Thanks
Marco

Upvote 0