So I bought a brand new Mac Mini

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Got this on first run. Apple is truly great. So very user friendly. Awesome.

1646213565377.png

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, completely brand new. From respected store, shrinkwrapped and everything in place as it should be.

I suppose the silver lining is that I shouldn't feel bad about shipping bugs now and then. Not even Apple can get basics right.

Tecuma

Licensed User
Was Apple able to provide a proper solution?

I do not like this bundling between my devices and an Apple ID. You loose flexibility and have extra effort when you want to sell a device.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Was Apple able to provide a proper solution?
Yes. I spoke to a apple support humanoid who obviously didn't know anything about this error, but he did guide me on how to factory reset my mac. That made all the difference, after that the mac had no problem creating a new Apple ID for me.

By the way, before doing the reset he took the serial number from the mac and confirmen that it actually never had created an Apple ID. So the error lived entirely on the mac.

Tecuma

Licensed User
I am happy for you that you can use your mac device now.
Did you already set it up with B4I Server?

I still use an Mac mini from 2014. I will see how long I will be able to use it.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy for you that you can use your mac device now.
Did you already set it up with B4I Server?

I still use an Mac mini from 2014. I will see how long I will be able to use it.
I am using a brand new m1 powered mac mini. Works awesome for all my needs including b4i server.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User