Android Question [solved (?)] A... mistery ^_^

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already know that you won't be able to help me unless I publish the whole project.

In my running app an image is displayed, placed in an ImageView. I would like to change the image file, so I go to look for where it is loaded in the ImageView, whether in the Designer or in the source code; I can't find anything.

In the source code certainly not (I searched for the name of the file), not even in the Designe loaded (I searched in all layouts, but I know exactly wich it is).

The last attempt I made to find this bug was to change the name of the image file, thinking that at runtime the IDE would report the error: no error.

I obviously I executed both the "Clean project" and the refresh ("Sync) of the files folder.

If I do not go crazy soon and reveal this mystery I will let you know :D

Last edited:

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
if you remove all images you should get a runtime error after a clean install.
about filename, maybe you put strings together for the complete name.
paint into this pic, this should be visible at runtime.
maybe the ide rename all used references too.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if you remove all images you should get a runtime error after a clean install.
I tried renaming the file name (and clean): no error (I cannot remove all images, of course, because then I couldn't run the app).

about filename, maybe you put strings together for the complete name.
No, and I searched for the first letters of its name.

paint into this pic, this should be visible at runtime.
I already write text on that imageview (canvas)... changed this text and I can see this new one! This confirms that the imageview is just that.

:eek::D

Thank you, Markus.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have to uninstall from the device because otherwise a copy of the image remains in a folder of the app

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already write text on that imageview (canvas)...

i meant paint in this image with paint in the ide project folder to be sure that it really be used and not something cached.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have to uninstall from the device because otherwise a copy of the image remains in a folder of the app
Avevo in mente un altro tentativo e... l'ho dimenticato, mentre facevo... colazione :p
(I had another attempt in mind and ... I forgot it, while I was ... having breakfast)

I would not have wanted to uninstall, in order not to lose the user registration but at this point it is the only test to try (maybe).

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would not have wanted to uninstall, in order not to lose the user registration but at this point it is the only test to try (maybe).

maybe you can rename temporary the package name, it will install new with new identity.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe you can rename temporary the package name, it will install new with new identity.
Well, uninstalled (and registered a new user).

Now "fortunately" the app crashes :p

I suppose that previously (old versions of the app) the image was loaded into the Designer, although not only the image file was not associated with the ImageView ... it was not just part of the files included in the layout (Designer).

I will take a look to old versions of my app; for the moment I reinsert the file.

Thank you.

Upvote 0