Android Question [SOLVED] android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO?

Misterbates

Licensed User
When I upload my App to Google Play it tells me my app is flagged as having "android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" and therefore I need to publish a privacy policy.

My App doesn't record audio, but looking through the libraries I've used I can see the core Audio library included. I've used the library to play beeps, but if it also has the capability to record audio, then this may be what's causing the RECORD_AUDIO permission?

I'd like to NOT have my app flagged with RECORD_AUDIO permission as that may put some people off using it ... and the App doesn't need it anyway.

My questions:
1) Is there a non-library alternative for generating a Beep (with specified frequency and duration)?
2) If not, is there another library I can use to generate a Beep that doesn't come with RECORD_AUDIO permission?
3) If not, is there another way to generate simple sounds from an Android app?

Thanks!

Misterbates

Licensed User
2) If not, is there another library I can use to generate a Beep that doesn't come with RECORD_AUDIO permission?

I found an older version of the audio library https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/audio-library-v1-2-beeper.11816/, added the .xml and .jar to my additional libraries folder, renamed both to be Audio-OLD and the B4A designer was able to find them and load them with the alternate filenames. I'm now using the Beeper object rather than AudioStreamer.

Upvote 0