B4J Question [SOLVED] How to enable Jaybird library

IoSonoPiero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello people,
I'm trying to figure out how to add jaybird library to a test project I'm doing because I want to connect to a Firebird database.

So, from Firebird JDBC Driver page I've downloaded "Jaybird-3.0.6-JDK_1.8.zip" file and I've decompressed it.
I copied "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" file into a folder, "AdditionalLibraries", that I've configured into B4J as Additional Libraries path.

But when I start B4J, I can't see anything new into "Libraries Manager".

I've tried to search into forum, or on Google, but I can't find a way to enable the Firebird library.

Someone can help me, please?

Regards,
ghale

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

IoSonoPiero

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right!

Only thing I've not understood is how to use an external folder for jar file.
Actually only putting "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Libraries\" works.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually only putting "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Libraries\" works.
that´s a mistake to put any additional libraries or jars here.

Go to IDE->Tools-Configure Paths and set a path for AdditionalLibraries. Put all additional libraries and additional jars in the folder your configured.

Upvote 0

IoSonoPiero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Go to IDE->Tools-Configure Paths and set a path for AdditionalLibraries. Put all additional libraries and additional jars in the folder your configured.
This is awkward...
Since the beginning, I put the jar file into an external folder already mapped into Tools->Configure Paths.
During compilation, I got an error "Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\libraries\jaybird-full-3.0.6.jar"
Now, if I put that jar file into the external folder, it works.
However, thank you! You solved my issue!

Upvote 0