iOS Question [SOLVED] Keyboard is overlapping a text field / Can Apple reject the App? / Scrolling possible?

christianjeannot

Licensed User
Hello Community,

in my App I have a page with a text field at the buttom.

When I enter text the keyboard shows up. I can enter text and when I hit the return button the keyboard is back again.
Can this be a reason for Apple to reject the App?

I have checked the options in the Designer but found no way to enable scrolling from this page. Do I have to make scrolling possible by myself or is there another way to achieve this?

Best regards

--Christian

christianjeannot

Licensed User
I checked some forum threads (like this one.) about ScrollView and made a small test app. I added the ScrollView via the designer.

I use

B4X:
Private svTextLists As ScrollView

B4X:
Private Sub B4XPage_KeyboardStateChanged (Height As Float)
    If Height > 0 Then
        svTextLists.ScrollTo(0, svTextLists.ScrollOffsetY + Height, True)
    End If

End Sub

When I run this on my device the keyboard still overlaps the text field. When I try to scroll when the keyboard is visible nothing happens.

What did I miss here?

Upvote 0

christianjeannot

Licensed User
Can someone please transform the ScrollView example from Klaus into a B4XPages example. It seems to be pre-B4XPages.
I can learn from examples and try a lot. As a beginner and working with B4XPages it is sometimes not easy to understand examples pre-B4XPages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

christianjeannot

Licensed User
I was able to make a small App based on the example project from this thread.
I have to play around a little bit and see which behaviour I need but in general this is solved now.
For my new question I will create a new thread.

Upvote 0