Android Question [Solved] keytool error generating a new keystore for App Bundle

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I have to publish a new app (for my client) to play store within a new play console account (just created).

1) I use this tutorial, "App Bundle - Publishing NEW apps using AAB to play store with New keystore" (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-play-store-with-new-keystore.129163/#content) to create a new compatible keystore but I got this error:

"keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <keystore_file_name> (Access is denied)

2) Then I searching within the forum and I found this post: "Can't upload app without RSA key, and can't generate RSA key" (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...key-and-cant-generate-rsa-key.134989/#content)

So I followed @Erel 's suggestion (within the above post) and downloaded the latest version of B4A (version 11.00).
So I tried to generate a new keystore file with the interface proposed by the B4A IDE via "Tools / Private Sign Key / Create new key" I notice that a ".keystore" file extension is set instead of ".jks" (the right extension for the new version of the keystore).

Why this ? At this point, what should I do to create the new keystore file for the app bundle?

P.S.
So I'm using B4A version 11.00 and it is set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_212\bin".

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Big mistake.

Just use Tools - Private Sign Key.

The extension doesn't matter.

Hi Erel,
I followed all your advices using lastest B4A version and all the last setting to build app package including #if AAB (see code "ABB - keystore") and I generated the keystore via Tools - Private Sign Key (as you suggested) and I have an App Bundle build successfully! :)

AAB - keystore:
#if AAB
    #SignKeyFile: C:\PROJECTS\APPS\SIGN_KEYS\mykey.keystore
    #SignKeyPassword: ***********
    #SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA
#end if

Thank you very much.
Now I try to upload it to Google Play Store.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Big mistake.

Just use Tools - Private Sign Key.

The extension doesn't matter.

P.S.
Only one and last question about "#if AAB".

If I understand correctly, if there is the #if AAB control and using Project - Build App Bundle the B4A IDE will always use the key file specified via #SignKeyFile and not the one set via Tools - Private Sign Key. Correct ?

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
Only one and last question about "#if AAB".

If I understand correctly, if there is the #if AAB control and using Project - Build App Bundle the B4A IDE will always use the key file specified via #SignKeyFile and not the one set via Tools - Private Sign Key. Correct ?
You don't need it anymore ! Just create a key as usual using private key sign and compile to APK or AAB.

Upvote 0