Android Question [SOLVED] Launch Service and simulate tap

Sabotto

Licensed User
From my app, with these instructions, I can launch a service (OpenVPN) that allows me to connect to my VPN.
B4X:
Dim i As Intent
i.Initialize(i.ACTION_MAIN, "")
i.SetComponent("de.blinkt.openvpn/.LaunchVPN")
i.PutExtra("de.blinkt.openvpn.shortcutProfileName", "VPN_Telecontrollo")
StartActivity(i)
The screen appears but then I have to "tap" manually on my profile.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-20 at 12.39.23.jpeg

In your opinion, it is possible to automate everything, that is to start the service and also start the profile (as if I had done tap manually?)
Thanks

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
From my app, with these instructions, I can launch a service (OpenVPN) that allows me to connect to my VPN.
B4X:
Dim i As Intent
i.Initialize(i.ACTION_MAIN, "")
i.SetComponent("de.blinkt.openvpn/.LaunchVPN")
i.PutExtra("de.blinkt.openvpn.shortcutProfileName", "VPN_Telecontrollo")
StartActivity(i)
The screen appears but then I have to "tap" manually on my profile.
View attachment 113758

In your opinion, it is possible to automate everything, that is to start the service and also start the profile (as if I had done tap manually?)
Thanks
Hello,

You can simulate the taps without needing to have rooted device, there is a service in android called : AccessibilityService

Extra Information :
1- Using this service the user will have to enable it first before the service can run
2- Difficult to implement (It took us 2 weeks to implement it in our project Teamviewer Alternative) because you will need to exact X,Y of the screen to simulate the touches

Example by the amazing @moster67 :

Another Example by us :) :

Thank you,
Saif

Upvote 0

Sabotto

Licensed User
I was actually looking for something that could add some parameters or instructions to the ones I used to start the app and at the same time use that profile

Upvote 0

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was actually looking for something that could add some parameters or instructions to the ones I used to start the app and at the same time use that profile
Hello,

Because your question is :
(as if I had done tap manually? )

So check out the examples above and you will get better understanding of how does the AccessbilityService work and you can start from there.

Thank you,
Saif

Upvote 0