Android Question [SOLVED...] Problem with signing

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try to compile my app I am getting the following error:

Signing package file (private key) Error

jarsigner: Certificate chain not found for: b4a. b4a must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain

I have correctly loaded my ever used key, what can be wrong? Everytime I start a new project I need to create another key ?? Why I cant use the same key to all my project?
Thanks!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can use ONE keystore for all your projects. I use one and never change that one... You must do something wrong i believe

Where do you save the keychain?

Upvote 0

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know what Im doing wrong, I use a file stored in a folder, so I started my new project and loaded that key file successfully, but when I try to run my app I got this message... I really dont know what can be wrong...
Thanks for reply

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know what Im doing wrong, I use a file stored in a folder, so I started my new project and loaded that key file successfully
Why you change the keystore already configured in b4a when you start a new project?
Where do you store the Keystore? Exact path please

Upvote 0

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, the path of my private key is C:\Dropbox\Criacoes\KeysBackup\xcreator.keystore, but what is the use of this information ?
I need to configure b4a to my key so I can be able to send my app to android store, I cannot use default debug key...

Thank you for trying to help-me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4a automatically remembers your previously created keystroke. Just create 1 new keystroke and use it with all your projects. Also you should not share your keystroke with anybody, it's yours and yours alone. If you have a keystroke error, remove the installed app from the device and run your project again...

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4a automatically remembers your previously created keystroke. Just create 1 new keystroke and use it with all your projects. Also you should not share your keystroke with anybody, it's yours and yours alone. If you have a keystroke error, remove the installed app from the device and run your project again...
I think you mean KEYSTORE. ;)

Upvote 0