Android Question [SOLVED] XUI Views ERROR "Filename or extension is too long" just after switching it on

Rokko

Licensed User
Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with XUI Views library and I don't know where to start to fix it.

I'm using XUI Views for the first time because the beautiful "MaterialDateTimePicker" from DonManfred stopped working (most of us know about the "\"-error) and in need of a new DatePicker I now wanted to use XUI Views with its templates but I got an error immediately after switching the library on.

Detailed Error Description:

Without XUI Views everything is fine. No compiling errors. If I switch the library on(without using it somewhere in my code) I can compile without errors. But after closing end restarting IDE I got a compiling error saying "filename or extension is too long". Switch XUI Views off and compiling works fine again, switching it on and compiling works fine, closing and restart IDE same error again. I don't know where to search for this error. Is it in the library, is it my 8Gb RAM, somewhere in my file system?

I cannot switch XUI Views of->comment all related lines -> compile -> switch XUI Views on -> uncomment all lines -> compile. It's not a solution although it works.

Edit: Clean Projekt etc. doesn't change anything.

Anyone a clue to solve this?

Thanks in Andvance

Regards, Rokko

Last edited:

Rokko

Licensed User
Hello Errel,

thanks for your reply.

I think I solved it 10 minutes ago and will mark the thread as solved. Seems that it's just related to the projects size. And all these XUI templates makes it even bigger. Tried another config with less used modules and it's working fine with XUI Views. I think I'm going to make some more classes to libraries. That should solve it. Hopefully.

Using B4A 10.9, sdk-30 and java ...291, just about updating from B4A 10.2 to 10.9 and you come with 11.0 and ternary functions, which I missed so much.

By the way, I think that the projects size is also the problem that I can't use B4i hosted builder anymore. In debug mode it sends 3.7MB and relase 15.xxMB. If size's the reason, is there any possiblity to get double space for double fee or something? If that should be a new thread because it could be interesting for other companies as well just tell me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0